Institute of Banking Personnel selection releases the notification for the post of clerk every year. A lot of candidates are interested to appear in the exam of the IBPS clerk 2018. Those candidates who are interested can apply for the posts of clerk. Only those candidates can apply for this that is eligible for the exam. For this the exam the candidates must prepare well as there is a lot of competition. The exam has its own pattern so the candidates must know the examination pattern and the syllabus so that they can attempt the questions in the examination accurately.
The candidates must know the exam pattern. When they get to know the subjects they have to prepare for the exam so that they can score well. Those who have applied for the exam must start the preparation now so that they can complete the exam on time. In the preliminary exam there will be 30 questions of English, 35 questions of reasoning and 35 questions of numerical ability. The total duration for the exam will be one hour. It will be a computer based test. Those who will clear the prelims exam will appear in the mains examination. For this the cut off marks must be cleared by the candidates. To make your performance better it is important for you to practice the test online.
IBPS Clerk Study Material
For the better preparation the candidates must know the syllabus so that they can practice the topics. The topics in which they think are weak must be practiced more so that the accuracy can be maintained. The preparation should be done according to the syllabus so that the important topics can be practiced more. The syllabus of the subjects is as follows:-
- Numerical ability – number series, profit and loss, ratio, percentage, ages, average, compound interest, simple interest, time and work, time and distance, boats and streams, pipes and cisterns, permutation and combination, probability, mixture and allegation
- Reasoning ability– directions, blood relation, inequalities, syllogism, input-output, statements and courses of actions, ranking, coding decoding, sitting arrangement, data sufficiency, reading comprehension,
- English – vocabulary, error spotting, subject verb agreement, nouns, verb, adverb, adjective, conjunctions, prepositions, articles, grammar tips, sentence rearrangement, one word substitution, letter writing, essay writing,
- Banking – financial inclusion, foreign exchange reserves, banking awareness, important days to remember, Indian economy and social issues, money market, accounting, financial management, GDP growth rate, currency system in India, monetary policy of India.
- General awareness– current affairs, important dates, awards and honour, appointments, books and authors, important dams ,dances, temples, rivers, airports, sports etc in India.
- Computer awareness – generation of computers, computer virus,DBMS, keyboard shortcuts, network topologies, internet technologies,
The candidates can also prepare from the previous year question papers, sample papers so that they can get to know how the exam pattern will come. The difficulty level of the exam can also be analysed. The candidates must download the syllabus and start preparing for the exam as there are lot of candidates want to get the IBPS clerk job.