Institute of banking personnel Selection conducts the exam for the post of Probationary officer in the various Public sector banks. It is one of the most awaited exam for which a large number of candidates appear for it every year. Only the eligible candidates can appear for bank PO exam and they must check the official website of IBPS (Institute of Banking personnel Selection) to check all the details and stay updated.
IBPS PO Notification
On January 16, 2019 IBPS PO notifictaion was released and the candidates who are interested must check for the application form whenever it will be available. This time the vacancies are expected to be more than 4 thousand. The registration for IBPS PO exam will begin in July, 2019. The candidates who are eligible must apply for the exam and start the preparation for the exam as there is a lot of competition for the exams. The candidates must check the dates so that all the application process will be completed on time.
IBPS PO Application Form
The candidates who are interested have to fill the application form so that they can be registered. The application form will be available on the official website of the Institute of Banking personnel Selection and the candidates have to apply online for it. The candidates must fill all the details properly in the application form. Following is the process to fill the application form for IBPS PO registration:-
- Log on to the official website of Institute of Banking personnel Selection i.e. www.IBPS.in
- Then the candidates have to click on the link ‘Apply online for CWE – Probationary officers/management trainees.’
- All the information must be entered correctly for the registration. All the details must be entered correctly as there is modification allowed after the submission of the application form.
- The registration number and password will be generated which you will receive through email and sms on the registered mobile.
- After that the scanned photograph and signature must be uploaded according to the dimensions given.
Application fee – The application fee can be filled by the candidates online through debit card/credit card or through net banking. The application fee for the general candidates is 600 and for SC/ST/PWD is 100/-. The candidates must check all the details before submission of the application form as after that no correction is allowed.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are interested must check the eligibility criteria as only those will be eligible who will fulfil the criteria. The candidates should check the eligibility criteria as only those will be able to fill the application form.
- The candidates must be citizen of India or subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- The candidates can be Tibetan refugee, who is settled permanently in India before 1st January, 1962.
- The people have migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Tanzania, Zambia, Zaire, Kenya, Malawi, Ethiopia, Burma and Vietnam.
IBPS PO Academic Qualification
The candidates must also fulfil the academic qualification then only they can apply for IBPS 2019:-
- The candidate has done graduation from any recognised college or university.
- The candidates who belong to the General category must have scored the minimum 60% and the 5% relaxation is given to the reserved candidates.
- If the result of the final year will be released in September, 2019.
IBPS PO Age Limit
The candidates should be of minimum age of 20 years and the maximum age limit is less than 30 years as on 1st august, 2019. The age relaxation for IBPS bank PO 2019 is also provided to the following:-
|Scheduled castes and scheduled tribes||5 years|
|OBC ( non creamy layer )||3 years|
|Persons with disability||10 years|
|Original residents of Kashmir from January, 1980 to December 1989||5 years|
|Those candidates who are affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Commissioned officers who had done service for not less than 5 years and also resigned on the assigned project, Ex-servicemen||5 years|
IBPS PO Important Dates
There are some of the important dates related to the selection process for the post of Probationary officer in the various public sector banks conducted by Institute of banking personnel Selection. Following are the IBPS PO dates the candidates must check:-
|Online registration||July 2019 – august 2019|
|The payment of application fee||July 2019 – august 2019|
|Release of admit card for prelims||September, 2019|
|Preliminary exam date||October, 12, 13,19,20 and 21|
|Result of IBPS PO 2019 prelims||October, 2019|
|Availability of the mains admit card||November, 2019|
|Mains exam date||30 November, 2019|
|Result of mains exam||December, 2019|
|Call letter for interview||January, 2019|
|Interview schedule||January/February 2019|
|Provisional allotment||April, 2020|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
The candidates who will be appearing for the exams can check the exam pattern of IBPS PO. For the preparation the candidates must check IBPS PO 2019 syllabus. When the candidates will get to know the exam pattern they will be able to perform better and the exam pattern of the prelims and the mains exam is also different.
- PRELIMS EXAM
The preliminary exam is of objective type questions which will be of three sections i.e. quantitative aptitude, English and reasoning. The questions will be displayed section wise and the medium of the exam is Hindi and English.
- MAINS EXAM
There will be 5 sections in the mains exam and the marks are allotted according to the different sections. There will be 200 questions of 200 marks which the candidates must attempt well. Check ibps po syllabus for the preparation.
|SECTION||MAXIMUM MARKS||TOTAL DURATION|
|Data analysis and interpretation||60||45|
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||60||60|
|Essay and letter writing||25||30|
Those candidates who will clear the mains exam will be eligible for the interview process. The interview will be of 100 marks and the minimum score for the general candidates students must be 40 and for reserved candidates is 35. The candidates can download the interview call letter from the official website of Institute for banking personnel.
- Prelims exam – The prelim exam will have English, reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude which will be of 100 marks.
- Mains exam– The mains exam will have 5 sections and the exam will be of 200 marks and there will be 200 questions.
- Interview – The personal interview will be held after the mains exam.
IBPS PO Syllabus and Admit Card
The admit card of the candidates will be released some days before the exam. The candidates can download the admit card from the official website of Institute for banking personnel. The admit card will have all the details about the candidate and those who will not bring the admit card with them will not be eligible to enter the examination hall and appear for the exam.
Before downloading the admit card it is important for the candidates to check that all the details on the admit card are correct about the candidate’s. To check more details candidates can download IBPS PO 2019 notification PDF