What is SSC CHSL about?
Staff selection commission is one of the most beneficial organizations to undertake the government exams in India. More than thousand students are shortlisted here to be employed under the government departments. Government jobs these days is like a dream for the countrymen. There are almost no jobs in the country hence the RRB is focusing on this area to provide facilities and services for the countrymen. With the advent of the developmental plan, the government is planning to generate many vacancies in the years to come.
SSC is like the principal government organization in India that offers service to all the countrymen. It is like a dream job for all the SSC and other government job aspirants. The examinations and vacancies under this are generated every year. Various posts have been started under this which are as follows:
- Postal assistants/ sorting assistants
- Data entry operator
- Lower divisional clerk
- Court clerk
Related: SSC CHSL study material pdf 2018
Pre-requisites for the course
No particular pre requisite is required for the course. The candidates who are familiar with basic English can undertake it without any doubts. All you need to do is find the right institute and pursue the course.
Important details regarding the examination
- Name of the examination: staff selection commission combined higher secondary level exam 2018
- Conducting body: staff selection commission
- Name of the posts: LDC, DEO, Postal/ Sorting assistants, court clerk etc
- Job location: all over the country
- Mode of application: online
- Examination mode: online for tier 1, offline for tier 2
- Total number of stages: three
- Official website: ssc.nic.in
The examination is conducted in three stages basically which are as follows:
- SSC CHSL tier 1- computer based written examination
- SSC CHSL tier 2: descriptive test
- SSC CHSL tier 3: skill test/ typing test for the posts of DEO, PA/SA, LDC and court clerk
What does the examination covers?
The SSC CHSL tier 1 is an objective type question paper which consists of many multiple choice questions. It consists of a total of 100 questions including several sections. There are various sections under it like English language consisting of 25 questions weighing 50 marks as a whole, general intelligence section consisting of 25 questions weighing 50 marks as a whole, quantitative aptitude section consisting of 25 questions weighing 50 marks as a whole and general awareness section consisting of 25 questions weighing 50 marks a whole. There will be a total of 100 questions weighing 200 marks in totality.
The duration for the tier 1 exam will be 60 minutes and a negative marking of 0.50 is there for all the wrong answers.
Then comes the SSC CHSL descriptive test which is paper pen mode based. It consists of letter/ application writing with a word limit of 100-200 words and essay writing with a word limit of 200-250 words. The maximum marks in totality will be 100. The total time duration for the SSC CHSL tier 1 is 1 hour.
The last tier is the SSC CHSL sill test that is only qualifying in nature and will not be considered in the merit listing.
After all of this, the final selection will be made based on the combined score in tier 1 and 2.
SSC CHSL question paper
The question papers are being provided with the answer key of SSC CHSL. These previous year question papers have proved to be very successful in order to crack the SSC CHSL examination. CHSL paper contains a total of 100 questions and the exact format of the exam can be known only with the help of previous year question papers. The previous year question papers play a very important role and they boost the knowledge regarding the examinations and help us to focus on the important areas. We can focus ourselves on the topics that concern the examination more.
Advantage of going through the previous year question papers
These question papers serve as an insight of what exactly will come in the examination. A clearer picture can be framed and the candidates can work accordingly. A situation similar to that in examination must be created and then the paper should be solved in that particular time only. After this, the students are liable to gain confidence regarding solving the question paper without any fear.
Steps to download the previous year question paper
- The official site must be opened up and the candidates must search for the desired link
- The home page displays a number of links for downloading the question papers
- Click on the link “SSC CHSL previous year paper in Hindi”
- Now press the download button
- Now save and open the previous year question paper on your device
- You can download as many question papers as you want in Hindi
- These are some of the simple steps that help you to download the previous year question paper. Candidates can easily download these by following the simple instructions mentioned above. The previous year question papers are very reliable for getting the correct insight of what all can be asked in the examination.
- This can be simply done by solving them or by going through the solved question papers itself. the pattern of examination and the areas which need to be focused upon are highlighted and you can see which section weighs the maximum and which topic consists of the maximum marks.
- Getting a government job these days is a tedious task. First of all no government jobs are available in the country and those few which are available have restricted seats. In order to defy this notion, the RRB is putting in many efforts to offer government seats to the candidates in order to promise them a bright future ahead.
- Candidates can go through all the information provided above and get going with the examination to be held real soon. For more details official website can be referred to at any point of time.